Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Jimmy/Drake/Aubrey Graham!

Ok, seriously this guy is amazing! When I first seen Drake, it was on the Canadian teen show Degrassi. His character, Jimmy, was shot by one of the other characters on the show which ended up paralyzing him and leaving him in a wheel chair through out the rest of his time on the show. Sad!

So next I heard this song titled "Replacement Girl" by an artist named Drake featuring Trey Songz. I loved it, but I didn't know who this person was. I thought it was just one of those random one hit wonders which I would never see this persons face, and I found out that it was Jimmy from Degrassi! I was trippin! I couldn't believe little, precious Jimmy was a rapper! Let alone talkin about finding a replacement girl! Lol! & to top it off, he actually had skills. Then I saw him featured in the Trey Songz video "Wonder Woman" so I was thinking that he was exclusively working with him or that they were friends or something, but I was wrong, kinda.

The next song I heard from Drake was "Brand New" and I was SHOCKED! I did not know this guy could sing too! & it was actually good. The remix came out next with my boo Wayne, which was even better. After that, I just kept seeing a Young Money connection with Drake. He came out with "Ransom" with Wayne which really displayed his skills. I mean bar after bar, Drake brought it. It was some serious fire from someone I totally did not expect it!

Now Drake has actually made a name for himself. With his Wayne influenced sound, mixed in with some Kanye I seriously think this is just only the beginning for Drake. He's on tour with Young Money right now & is also featured in the new "Every Girl" video with Young Money! Yayy!

His mix tape "So Far Gone" is absolutely insane. It's seriously one of the best mix tapes I've heard. He's singing, rapping, he has Wayne on there & it's just great! If you haven't heard it yet, please do yourself a favor & get it now!

For more Drake, go to his MySpace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG I looooove some drake. He gives you hip hop & r&b. This mixtape is crazy. I aint take it out my car yet!!