Sunday, November 2, 2008

Victory for Lewis Hamilton!


Lewis Hamilton, the yummiest guy to ever drive a race car has become the youngest Formula 1 driver to win the World Championship.

Proceed....
The 23-year-old Englishman, needing a top-five finish to be champion, only seized fifth place for McLaren-Mercedes again, after losing it, on the final lap of a tense, dramatic and rain-hit Brazilian Grand Prix won by his title rival and local hero Felipe Massa of Ferrari.

As Massa triumphed and then celebrated, briefly, Hamilton caught and passed German Timo Glock of Toyota to turn his day from despair to joy after earlier appearing to have controlled his own race by cruising towards fourth or fifth place.


A late shower of rain then created chaos and saw Hamilton change tyres and fall back to sixth before he made his final desperate charge to recover and claim fifth.


But as he said afterwards Hamilton was not even sure that he had won the title when he finally crossed the line in teeming rain and near-darkness in front of 100,000 spectators at the Interlagos circuit.


"We did it, we did it," he said. "But honestly I did not know if we had when I crossed the line. I was thinking 'shoot!' I am just not sure - have I done enough? Did we get it?


"And they told me and I felt just ecstatic. We had made it. You can forget everything else that has happened before now. This is the best and it was the toughest race of my life.


"I have to thank everyone, my Dad, my family, my fans and supporters back home and the team. It would be great to do it again in the future, but I am not sure if my heart can take that final lap all over again."


His father Anthony Hamilton who has guided his career all the way from junior karting days when they were a poor family from a council estate in Stevenage, England, to the top, said: "This proves to everyone else, like us, that it can be done.


"It has come from 16 years of hard work and dedication and respect."



For some of you who don't know who this fine piece of meat is, he is from over seas and is a race car driver for Vodafone McLaren Mercedes & he belongs to Nicole Scherzinger from the Pussy Cat Dollz. They make such a cute couple, but I think she's the lucky one! Yum!


No comments: